Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Wild Heart Herbals & Nuturing the Wild Heart

We live in a synthetic over-processed world and for those of us who live in the city it's sometimes hard to find all natural products. Oh, the big companies are trending with "natural" products, but few really live up to the name. Most still have chemicals in their ingredients. I would love to study herbalology and natural medicine, but my life is often topsy-turvy and hectic. I have a hard enough time keeping up with my writing, as my followers know, so taking on studying is just not practical at this stage in my life. That being said, I do want to get away from the chemicals that seem coat our lives. Luckily, I have been blessed with a lovely friend, who makes truly natural products that I can't get enough of.



Every so often she sends me a care package of her wares. It always makes my day when I see her return address on a package (pictured above are just some of the goodies I have received) because I know whatever is waiting inside will be wonderful. And while I love all of her concoctions, there are few items I am obsessed with. the chapstick/lipbalms are heaven. No artificial flavors or dyes. as someone who has lipbalms stashed everywhere, these are to die for. I can't remember when the last time I had chapped lips. I highly recommend buying multiples of these. But the one item  I can't live without is the all healing salve pictured above. I believe she calls it the Magic Salve, now that she is marketing these.

Let me tell you why I love this miracle of hers so much. I have Sjogren's Syndrone.  It is a very rare auto-immune disease. The short story is, my immune system attacks my lymphatic systems and I have no moisture in my body. Now as auto-immune diseases go, while annoying, with lots of water and special mouthwashes, nasal sprays, eye drops, lotions etc.... it won't kill you. Unfortunately one of the worst side effects of this is that my skin feels like every inch is covered with a really bad case of poison ivy... 24/7. There is no relief to the dry itchy skin. Unfortunately for me, my life tends be stress filled (her tinctures are a soothing treat) and I scratch when my nerves are bad. I also tend to get hives easily as I'm more sensitive to everything due to the dryness. Because of this, I have spent years and countless dollars seeing all sorts of doctors, getting shots, and trying various pharmaceuticals and prescription lotions. Nothing has ever made my skin clear up, until  Misty sent me a jar of her all healing salve. For the first time in years, I could actually go in public and not have my legs and arms covered. I am a very private person (also a little vane) and there are only a handful of people who have ever seen the ravages of my skin condition. And I still scratch relentlessly as hard as I try not to, but Misty has given me a gift I can never repay. She has given me a way to heal my skin and the hope that I can have beautiful skin. For anyone who suffers from an embarrassing skin condition, you know how priceless this is. Now for those reading this, let me be clear, Misty is not a medical practitioner and she makes no claims about her fabulous creations. I only share my personal experience with her healing salve. I must also warn anyone with pets, that her products are 100% natural and apparently taste as good as they smell and work. When I use any of her products, my cats and dogs relentlessly try to get a taste.


I haven't tried all of her creations yet, but the good news is she is selling them now, so others can benefit.. She is still working on setting up a site for her products so in the meantime, check out her products on her Facebook*. Check out her post on December 7, 2014 for some pictures and descriptions of her wares.  I can't wait to try some of her new salves. You can also follow her. You"ll get to share in her magical adventures and get updates when she has new items for sell. It will definitely brighten your days. Her daily "grateful" post will remind you of the blessings in your own life. 

https://www.facebook.com/misty.fouquet/media_set?set=a.10205520285237182.1073741841.1553258776&type=3
Click on logo to visit the Wild Heart Album on Facebook*




So if you want to know more about my beautiful friend and herbal guru, check out her blog, Nurturing the Wild Heart. Her name is Misty Fouquet. She is the most down to earth woman I have ever met and I am blessed to call her a friend. She lives with her husband, three gorgeous daughters and a menagerie of dogs in eastern NC.

She is truly a beautiful soul and an inspiration to all the lives she touches.



*must sign into Facebook for the Facebook links to work

2 comments:

  1. I am overwhelmed with gratitude at this beautiful post!! You and Seth truly helped me see that what I was doing was important and that I was good at it. I can never thank you enough for your support over the years. It has been a huge piece of my foundation, my rock. I am forever thankful! FOREVER! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been an honor to support such a rare jewel. I look forward to all your new creations and watching others discover you.

    ReplyDelete